Today’s work was simple: set up the game so I could make a build and give it to someone. This may sound simple but after the modifications I made for testing purposes I had to go back in and triple check every variable. For instance when I died in level two I reloaded in level one instead of level two. This made me also realize that if you beat the final boss the next level would never load so I fixed all of these problems.
Another change I made was to make the main fire mode of the player an auto fire instead of holding down the button. There is no reason not to be firing so I just made it so that the player doesn’t have to think about it.
There were several other problems and still several more things I am considering changing but most of them can wait until after I get some people to play test it.